Ever since the university announced the construction of a brand new stadium right here in Coral Gables, students have been ranting and raving about what exactly the ‘Canes new home should look like. Even though the stadium will already include 65,000 seats, a retractable roof and state-of-the-art cooling technology, some ‘Canes fans are left wanting more. Here at Distraction, we have a couple ideas – from a visitors’ cage to a brand new iteration of The Wharf.
- Tailgate T.V. Park: Sometimes half the struggle of our football games is making your way to the stadium. That’s why in our dream stadium we would install a massive T.V. outside for all the fans that want to keep the tailgate festivities going.
- The Wharf 2.0: Who said we had to part with this classic bar forever? Instead we can give it a new home. A little change from cramped stadium seating, to cramped standing room.
- Hard Rock Tower: One of the biggest problems at the U is the low amount of campus housing. So why not kill two birds with one stone and build a tower for extra space.
- The Visitors’ Cage: In order to make it known whose house this is we’ve decided to implement “The Cage.” All fans of the visiting team will be forced to sit within the barred seating section. Complete with uncomfortable benches and in direct sunlight to make the game experience as horrible as possible.
- Scooter1: Hard Rock Stadium recently added a F1 track around it, but who says they get to have all the fun. We know our football team loves their scooters. So we may as well turn it into a source of entertainment for the rest of us. May the best racer win.
words&design_sal puma. photo_ethan dosa.
This article was published in Distraction’s Fall 2023 print issue.
Follow our Social Media: